Editing Course is almost identical to creating a course, except the following pointers:
- An Edit Course link is placed at the bottom of every course menu.
- This link is only visible to course instructor and administrator.
- Clicking this link would take the instructor to the edit course page.
- On clicking, there is a switch to take the course offline while editing the course.
- When a course is offline it is not visible in Course director, search, carousels and grids.
- Any student who is taking the course at the moment the course is taken offline will not be impacted by this. However, during the time course is offline she would not be able to submit the course or leave a review of the course.
The quiz can be edited from the Course Curriculum Quiz controls or directly from the Edit Page control in the WP Admin bar.
- When the Quiz is in edit mode, the Quiz instructions content can be directly added to the unit using the front-end interface.
- Quiz settings need to be saved first before clicking on update the unit content.
- Quiz settings
- Quiz Subtitle Enter a sub-title for the quiz. This sub-title is shown below quiz title.
- Connected Course Optionally select a connected course. Once connected the quiz will show a back to course button.
- Quiz Duration Set a duration of the quiz. This duration sets the timer.
- Quiz Evaluation Set quiz evaluation mode, automatic or manual. If set to automatic make sure all question types adhere to the settings done in Options panel -> Course manager -> Auto evaluate question types.
- Quiz Retakes Set quiz re-takes this allows the student to retake a quiz
- Quiz Completion message Set a completion message. This message is shown to the user when the user submits the quiz.
- MANAGE QUIZ QUESTIONSUse this section to manage questions in the quiz.
- ADD Question Add Question using this button. A select box with questions will appear. If instructor privacy is enabled then all question created by the instructor will be shown in the drop-down.
Questions can be edited from the quiz timeline or by adding ?edit in the Question link. Once a question is in edit mode, it’ll show question settings.
- Question Type: Select the question type our of following option types.
- Multiple Choice Single Answer: Requires options and only one choice can be marked as answer. The correct answer is entered as a single number like 1. Or simply by clicking on the option number.
- Multiple Choice Multiple Answer: Requires options and multiple choices can be marked as answer. The correct answer is marked as multiple choice number separated by comma as 1,2. Or simply by clicking on the option numbers.
- Sort Answers: Requires options and the order of options to be marked as answers like 1,2,3,4
- Single line text: Does not require options, the correct answer needs to be marked
- Multi-Line text :
- Add Options: Clicking on this button adds a new option with text input box. The text box acts as the option holder.
- Correct Answer: The correct answer to a question. If the quiz is the auto-evaluation mode, it needs to be configured properly. For multiple choice question, it is suggested to click on option number to fill the correct answer
Assignments can be edited from the “Edit Assignments” link in the edit unit page or directly by adding ?edit to the assignment URL. Once in edit mode, it will show following settings:
- Subtitle: Enter an assignment Subtitle.
- Assignment Maximum Marks : Enter Maximum marks for assignment.
- Assignment Duration: Assignment Duration in days. Assignment counter end automatically submits the assignment for evaluation.
- Include in Evaluation: Include this assignment in a course evaluation. If selected, marks of students in this assignment will be included in the evaluation of a course. This also restricts students from viewing full assignment. Only students subscribed to the associated course can view the assignment details when they click on start assignment button and the timer starts.
- Assignment Course: Select a course to which the assignment should be connected. Only applicable if Include in Evaluation is set to yes.
- Submission type: Select submission type from Upload or Textarea.
- Attachment type: Select allowed Attachment types if submission type is set to upload.