Learn WordPress and build your very own website.
This introductory course is consisted of 18 classes. The first 15 classes covers installing, administering, and designing a WordPress site, and the last 3 classes will be focused on implementing what you’ve learned in the class to your practical projects. Each of the students will be provided with a live hosting space and design their one-page websites (portfolio, product, or story) which can be browsed by their friends and parents.
The class focus is on efficiently and effectively using WordPress as a content management system for your website. In this training we will cover the core functionality of WordPress, how to leverage the power of additional plugins, and how to customize your own WordPress themes.
What you’ll learn in this WordPress training course
- How to get started in WordPress, and how to customize your options
- The difference between posts and pages, and how to create posts and edit them
- Uploading and manipulating media
- Adding links and categories
- Creating pages in WordPress
- Adding and removing comment capabilities
- Managing the appearance of your page
- Writing, reading, discussion, privacy and media settings
This course is tailored for kids age 10+, no previous experience or programming prerequisites required.